Keke Palmer slams Kylie Jenner’s transformation


“Scream Queens” starlet Keke Palmer thinks Kylie Jenner is a victim of society’s idea of perfection.
The 23-year-old called out the beauty mogul during an interview with Yahoo Beauty, claiming Jenner, 19, caved to societal pressures heavily influenced by social media.

“So often people feel like, you know what, I’m going to beat them to the punch and either degrade myself or be so damn perfect they have nothing to say,” Palmer explained. “We’ve seen extremes of that.”


Referencing the Kardashians, Palmer then specifies Jenner’s dramatic transformation. “Specifically in the situation with Kylie, where you’ve had a young girl people have seen on television since she was a kid and they literally told her she was so ugly … the ugly person in the family. She went and did apparently everything the world deems as beautiful. The even crazier part is that everybody loves her for it,” Palmer said.

Jenner revealed mom Kris, 61, allowed her to get lip fillers at the age of 17. “My mom was super against it, but I begged her and begged her and she finally let me do it,” Jenner told Elle Canada in 2015.

Palmer also noted the idea of millennials profiting off a disingenuous image has become regularity within recent years.

“What I find interesting is that this is something that is being displayed to my generation — showing young girls, young guys that if you do everything that society wants you to be, not only will you be praised for it but you will make money for it. You can be profitable for not being who you truly are,” Palmer disclosed.

Despite pressures from the outside world, Palmer is confident in her own skin.

“There’s nothing more important in life than being true to ourselves and being 100 percent loving to ourselves,” she explained. “Putting our feelings [first] how we wanna feel and do that above what anybody thinks no matter how impossible, selfish, weird, scary. or embarrassing that may seem.
“When I realized that, I realized that’s what it means to be confident. Confidence is me making choices that empower me.”

Comments